• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Pale Moon. Secure Connection Failed Error.

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Copy and paste this into the browser window search bar and hit enter, this will make sure it is not a dns error.

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Another thing, this will confirm without a doubt an issue with Pale...........

Copy paste: Ping myrta.com into Elevated Command and screen shot the result.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
No addons on the new install. the ping was run on the pc with the old install.

I'm thinking again, Microsoft used to have some sites you could only access in IE like updates, and the Institution where in doing my online diploma can only be accessed with IE, is this the same stinking deal???????? I think I may have been a dope again?

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Works for me here, you also say the other pcs with pale moon work.
Last thing on the top of my head is perhaps a faulty setting in windows firewall that is blocking part of palemoon.
Disable firewall and check site......

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Sorry buddy I do not know.... Perhaps another will chime in does not make sense to me, out of curiosity I would check bypassing the router or resetting it. Other than that I'm of out idea...

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Set security.tls.version.min from 1 to 0 and the bloody thing can now access the rta web site.

Thanks again Mal, no one could have expected you to know that,

will have to go and check the settings on the pc's that can access the site, may be interesting too

Last edited: