• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved People's Info Available Online At All Times?

napy666

http://www.nataliezworld.com/
Why is it that webites like MyLife.com, BeenVerified, Free People Directory, Spokeo etc.

All contain our personal information, name, address, phone number, email, etc. Isn't that data illegal when just being available like that online, when you never posted it on said sites in the first place?

How can you remove it from said sites? How does your info get on those sites anyway, is it due to being on Facebook, Amazon, Ebay etc. entering your address and info there and these sites get that data some how?

Thoughts and comments?

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
All contain our personal information, name, address, phone number, email, etc. Isn't that data illegal when just being available like that online, when you never posted it on said sites in the first place?
All information such address, phone number is a matter of public record, at least in the United States. Like you pointed out the email addresses are scraped from sites like Facebook

Each individual site should have an Opt Out form like this one - https://www.spokeo.com/optout which you can fill out to remove your information

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Owner: Natalie Perez
Phone: (818) 937-3052
Email: nataliezworld@gmail.com
You have your full name, mobile phone number, and email address posted on that website of yours http://www.nataliezworld.com/p/contact.html .

Five minutes of my time yesterday and I found your home address with a search on Google. So it is basically your fault for posting that there that has your details spread all around the paddock.

I do not Faeces Book or ****ter so cannot see what you have on it.

napy666

You have your full name, mobile phone number, and email address posted on that website of yours http://www.nataliezworld.com/p/contact.html .

Five minutes of my time yesterday and I found your home address with a search on Google. So it is basically your fault for posting that there that has your details spread all around the paddock.

I do not Faeces Book or ****ter so cannot see what you have on it.
A lot of websites post their phone numbers and email address for work purposes though so whats the difference?

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
A lot of websites post their phone numbers and email address for work purposes though so whats the difference?
It is not real a problem that bothers me, as my details are not on the internet.

My gmail address is not in my name but my company name,which has been reasonably spam free.

If you were to know my real name you will have a very hard time finding me online, and this is after twenty plus years of using the net. My surviving sibling and his family cannot find me so it goes to show that I have covered my trail pretty well.

It all comes down to what you are happy to have publicly displayed, by the sound of it you are not happy about your so called loss of personal privacy online.

Best of luck trying to remove all the traces...

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
A lot of websites also have places to go or non-personal contact information. Take this site for example, go ahead and email admin@ihelpforum.com with your spammy links :p

napy666

It is not real a problem that bothers me, as my details are not on the internet.

My gmail address is not in my name but my company name,which has been reasonably spam free.

If you were to know my real name you will have a very hard time finding me online, and this is after twenty plus years of using the net. My surviving sibling and his family cannot find me so it goes to show that I have covered my trail pretty well.

It all comes down to what you are happy to have publicly displayed, by the sound of it you are not happy about your so called loss of personal privacy online.

Best of luck trying to remove all the traces...
How are you Mr. Smart of it All and not able to have any of your info online when it is the internet and everything is online?

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
How are you Mr. Smart of it All and not able to have any of your info online when it is the internet and everything is online?
Seeing as you are a "music correspondent", here's a clue why I do not have a web presence as such.

Search for my name, which is also a name for a well known country music singer who died recently to get you started. Then try and find more about me, you will have a plurry hard time trying.

You will not find any of my three phone numbers, email address, or where I live except for the fact that I (supposedly) live in Bundaberg.

If you knew my IP address, it puts me 400 kilometres south of where I live, I must admit it is very nice house they show for it.

This is after 20 years of the internet as we know it, before then back as far as 1984 theer was various bbs and newsgroups / usenet, irc / mirc etc that I frequented.

:meh:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Search for my name, which is also a name for a well known country music singer who died recently
Awww... I knew that singer Mate and I always thought of you as the Gentle Giant as well. :D

@napy666 - I think you really need to act more the adult as your comments to Crush was rather childish. His comment was not aimed at you in the least. It was to show that there are thing you can do to help mitigate or bypass the collection of email addresses. Personally, I use drop or throw away email accounts to sign up for online services. I never give a real name or address unless I know that it is a secure site. I 'DO NOT' use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram even tho I am considered a Business man. Even tho I have handed out thousands of business card and done thousands of professional email correspondence, I never include any private information. I'm sure you could find me online but like Arctos tried to tell you, you have to know where to find me because there are so many with my name. Oh, if you try to find me by looking up my IP then don't. It will show me at a minimum of 200 miles away from my real location. :)

A piece of advice. If you expect people to be snide and snarky then you will often get what you wish. Not everyone is out to make you look and feel small.:cool:

napy666

I just want to you respect me, and treat me nice, when I post questions on this forum, like any other person. But I feel none of you take my topics seriously and just mock and poke fun at me and that hurts. Don't you understand where I am coming from there? As far as this topic, this is closed. I found out the info I needed to know and will just be more careful easy as that. I am also sorry if I spoke out of term or was mean or being childish. I want to continue posting here and hoping to receive help at the topics at hand. Thank you.