• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Prawn and Cheese Omelette

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
It's My Birthday!
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I love a good omelette Arctos. That sounds like the Creole Omelette my Cajun friend's mother would cook us when we were home on weekends. Of course this is not her recipe but it is close. I'm sure she added her own special touches. :)

Creole Omelette
  • 1/2 cup onion - chopped
  • 1/2 cup green bell pepper - chopped
  • 1/2 cup celery - finely chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1 16-ounce can tomatoes
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
  • 1 package tiny frozen cooked shrimp

• For The Omelettes:
  • 8 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1. In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper and celery in butter, stirring occasionally, until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.

2. Stir in tomatoes, breaking apart with spoon if necessary.

3. Stir in seasonings; increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes.

4. Stir shrimp into tomato mixture, then reduce heat to low; simmer just until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.

5. Prepare omelets; while omelet is still moist and creamy-looking, fill each with 1/2 cup hot shrimp mixture.

6. With pancake turner, fold omelet in half or roll; invert onto plate with quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan onto plate.

7. Top each omelet with 2 tablespoons shrimp mixture.

For Omelettes:

1. Mix eggs and water.

2. In 7- to 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1tablespoon butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.

3. Pour in 1/2 cup egg mixture (mixture should set immediately at edges).

4. With inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions as necessary.

Lord Chance

It's My Birthday!
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Mine are not that elaborate mate, three eggs, a good pinch of grated cheese, a good grind of black pepper, and six or seven banana prawns cut up small. :D
Still it sounds like a good meal. My friend's mother cooked for fourteen children and me but the table always held something special. Toast was always made from her homemade honey bread. Lots of cinnamon butter and bread pudding. Those were the day. :)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
My mother used to make a bread pudding, it used to turn out like a heavy fruit cake, she would never give me the recipe with her spice ingriedients. We have tried to replicate it but cannot get anywhere close to the taste.

Here's a cheese, mushroom and cherry tomato omelette we cooked up for you this morning, plurry thing broke when I folded it over. :D

Lord Chance

It's My Birthday!
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
My mother used to make a bread pudding, it used to turn out like a heavy fruit cake, she would never give me the recipe with her spice ingriedients. We have tried to replicate it but cannot get anywhere close to the taste.

Here's a cheese, mushroom and cherry tomato omelette we cooked up for you this morning, plurry thing broke when I folded it over. :D
I lost a lots of my mother's recipes when she passed. My sisters got all of that and now I have no idea where they are. Mother made a rum bread pudding. Only time she every allowed spirits in the house. :)

Yum... I bet you didn't throw it to the waste bin just because of a little imperfection like that. :lol:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
As much as I've eaten today, the above still sounds good! Dang...