• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Raspbian Pi help, please

apemax

Linux user
iHF Regular
Well, foo! I've tried a reboot with both the sudo chmod +x *.py and sudo chown pi: *.py commands in place at the same time and no change. I still receive the error.

I'll look for the file next and see if it's a shortened path or the full path. Your help today, Peter, is GREATLY appreciated! I'll be leaving the office in about 15 minutes, so I won't be bothering you further tonight.
I just thought, If apache has only been give a shortened path (ie: ~/www/AC/resetservo.py) then it probably won't work as before a user has logged in it won't know what ~ stands for. Not sure how that could have been changed but computers can do very strange things sometimes.

apemax - been following this thread. You've been doing a great job at helping Terry. I always found Linux experts often assume you know what they are talking about. You however provide the command line needed to do what you are suggesting. That is a great way to ensure your point gets through. Again, well done.
Thanks, I always try and put things in a way that I would have understood when I first started using Linux as it can be rather daunting for someone new to it. To be fair though I wouldn't really call myself an expert to be honest so maybe thats the reason. :)

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Due to a time constriction (I need the bot back in place before the weekend) , I called on our external support guy to take a look. I would never have found this....

The path to the scripts is actually /var/www/AC/

I updated the rc (startup) script to use this path here: /etc/rc3.d/S01thermometer
Peter,

Again, thank YOU for your very patient, detailed instruction. I really feel like I have learned a lot in the last two days. I know that I'm not as intimidated by Linux as I once was, but still oh such much a baby in this technology. Thank you! marking SOLVED