• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Replaced ball joints

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
To diagnose and repair properly does not cost more, it only reduces your profit margin. I know this because I was a business man for many years. What most do not understand is that a return customer not only brings in more money but they bring more customers. I would document any repair I preformed and would give a copy to the customer on completion with a stated warranty.

As with Rustys issue, it seems to me that a complete inspection of his truck may have brought other issues to light. Yes, it would require a bit more time but it would also given Rustys the option to fix now or later. It would also let him know that the repairs he authorized were only a part of the problem. Time is money but a happy customer is guaranteed money.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
To diagnose and repair properly does not cost more
What I meant by my statement that it has put up the cost of repairs is that yes it costs more to do a thorough job than "some" of it, although often not much more. Not only does a happy customer bring return business and more customers to you, but an unhappy one will bad mouth you to all and sundry.

You know its amazing how many disputes i've dealt with that have been started over the most trivial things that could have been resolved so easily before ego got involved.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
What I meant by my statement that it has put up the cost of repairs is that yes it costs more to do a thorough job than "some" of it, although often not much more.

You know its amazing how many disputes i've dealt with that have been started over the most trivial things that could have been resolved so easily before ego got involved.
Forgive me CD I understood your comment. Sometimes I go round about to get a thought clear. :)

I know about egos CD, that is why I would leave mine at home each business day. It has served me well to do so. My remaining years on this earth is comfortable because I did. Not rich mind you but comfortable and satisfied with a job well done. ;)