1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Selling My Vinyl Music Collection

Discussion in 'Tech Classifieds' started by Arctos, May 15, 2017.

1. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

I had put my collection up for sale a while back, and I now have a couple of people interested in buying the lot.

Hoping to get a good price for them as most have only played once or twice, mainly recording them to reel to reel tape.

I have now got all of them recorded as flac files from the audio cd's I got from the local public library, and Sunday markets. That took a while to get the lot replicated. :D

DCiAdmin likes this.
  2. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

The vinyl records came back into vogue here in the States a few years back. I had records dating back to the days of the windup Victrola and when radio stations went over to tape and digital I acquired the complete archive of two radio stations. Most all of the demos and first cuts. When I sold the collection I made enough to take a nice long vacation if I wished. Mind you, it was a large collection. :)

Good luck Mate. It depends on the collector as they say. :mrgreen:

DCiAdmin likes this.
  3. Arctos

They are to a certain extent here, I took a sampling over to West Oz to show the main feller that will pay a good price for them as he has shed loads of money. He has a excellent Bang & Olufsen stereo setup.

I remember in Mt Isa when we lived there, the local radio station 4LM had a sale on their old 78's.

DCiAdmin likes this.
  4. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Always room to learn a bit more Administrator iHF Legend WCG Team Member

Nick and I combined our albums. I need to get them recorded to digital before I try selling. Several 1st cuts in our combined collection and some very obscure. Heck, they might be obscure enough that the recording bands would be interested. ;)

Lord Chance likes this.
  5. Arctos

When we went shoppin yesterday I got a haircut,and after that wandered in to JB HiFi next door, and they had a large selection of vinyl for sale. Did not have much time to browse what they had as herself dragged me out.

6. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

They know us so well Mate. I can truly say I have been there and done that and I have a bloody tee shirt to prove it. My Ex told me if I bought one more record album she would divorce me. I did just to make her prove it. :D

7. Lord Chance

Oddly enough Lass, the more obscure stuff doesn't sell as well as the over played drivel the radio stations hawk. I personally had hundreds of demos from well know artists that never got air time. You would think these demos would be sought after because of the famous artist. I got less for those than records from on hit wonders. :)

DCiAdmin likes this.
  8. Arctos

I do not know if you have heard any of The Beatles Anthology cd's, I think there are four of them. There is a lot of unpolished stuff on them from the recording studios taht are pretty good but never released.

DCiAdmin likes this.
  9. Lord Chance

I'm haven't seen the cd's but I knew there was some cuts that were made before the Lads left Liverpool. Seems their manager didn't think they were good enough.

Arctos likes this.
  10. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Always room to learn a bit more Administrator iHF Legend WCG Team Member

I've got at least one of the Anthology sets, possibly more. The Beatles are well loved in this household.

11. Arctos

The feller from West Oz phoned up yesterday, and will be here next week sometime to look at them.

DCiAdmin likes this.
  12. Arctos

The feller arrived yesterday, and liked what he saw. After random sampling for the condition of the covers and vinyl we settled on a fair price for the lot. He's happy and I am happy.

We will finish loading the truck up later this morning, ready for his drive back across country tomorrow.

DCiAdmin likes this.
  13. Arctos

Had a text message saying that the vinyl got to Geraldton ok. :D

DCiAdmin likes this.