• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Truck Drivers Rule KO

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
With out trucks Australia is büggered...
There is a bit of truth in that Mate. I have several friends in the Trucking profession and notice I didn't say Trucking business. An Owner/Operator, Lease/Operator or Company Driver are paid mileage so the more miles they drive the better the money. Actually the Company driver has the best of it because he/she doesn't have to worry about fuel and maintenance costs like the Owner/Operator and Lease/Operator. I won't put full blame on the Trucking industry. Other things like maintenance costs, fuel costs, Insurance and boneheaded Government regulations contribute to the added burden on these people. :caution:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I used to know a couple of truckie in Mt Isa , one bought a brand new bitumen truck and the other had a general purpose truck, trucking what ever he could get.

The bitumen truck went down the gurgle in about 18 month as he was not getting paid on time by the local government who he was contracted to. He could not meet the truck payments and it was repossessed.

The general purpose driver wrecked his truck dodging a southern tourist (grey nomads) in a expensive four wheel drive and a twenty foot caravan (trailer).

Both went bankrupt thanks to the governments that were in power at the time.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I used to know a couple of truckie in Mt Isa , one bought a brand new bitumen truck and the other had a general purpose truck, trucking what ever he could get.

The bitumen truck went down the gurgle in about 18 month as he was not getting paid on time by the local government who he was contracted to. He could not meet the truck payments and it was repossessed.

The general purpose driver wrecked his truck dodging a southern tourist (grey nomads) in a expensive four wheel drive and a twenty foot caravan (trailer).

Both went bankrupt thanks to the governments that were in power at the time.
Bad mojo there Mate but it is the way of the world. Government jobs pay slow in any country. :caution: