• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Conversation What's For Supper 2

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Home made smoked (done with pecan wood) BBQ from Boston butt,slaw,sweet tea,salad...yum
I used to get into friendly arguments with the American women (USAF Phantom Pilots wife’s based at Amberley. Their partners were training up the RAAF on the Phantoms we had just purchased leased as a stopgap in 1970/1).

They used to come into the butcher shop where I was working as a butcher, about the proper name for Boston Butt, was a Hand And Spring of Pork if you were a Brit. or just Hand of pork for short if you were Australian.

We gave them a lot of posters with various cuts of meat with the Oz names on them to help them assimilate a bit better.

They were nice people as customers, but we never got invited to their parties tho'...

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
MMMmmm! Fried liver my favourite offal.

My Mum had a cracker of a recipe, which I could never get a hold of. It was savoury affair of liver, sliced spuds and onions in a thick sage and onion gravy.

There was something else she used to put in the mix which was the item I wanted to find out, which gave the brew a lift. Probably a bit of chopped up woodgie weed... :D

veeg

Live Long And Eat Bacon
WCG Team Member
Never really liked liver,especially beef liver...as a kid i forced to eat it and mum can't cook.. I did learn to like liver mush at a young age and later not until i was 50 i learn to like fried chicken livers... Now those spuds and onion,sage gravy is sounding good...I don't know what the he!! woogie weed is... and apparently neither does spell check...............:rolleyes:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Never really liked liver,especially beef liver...as a kid i forced to eat it and mum can't cook.. I did learn to like liver mush at a young age and later not until i was 50 i learn to like fried chicken livers... Now those spuds and onion,sage gravy is sounding good...I don't know what the he!! woogie weed is... and apparently neither does spell check...............:rolleyes:
It was a matter of having to eat it in the UK when I was a kid, everything especially food was on still on ration after the war.

Woodgie Weed is another slang name for Cannabis Savita around the Mount Isa area, plus a few other places.

The savoury gravy was pretty thick, not like the runny gravy you pour over the Sunday roast, it was done in the oven for x amount of time till the liver and spuds were cooked. That's all I can remember on cooking it, we have not cooked it up for years...