• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Window 10 Fail Edition

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have just had the dubious pleasure of updating to the latest version of Win 10 which is 1709.

It dumped a sh!t load of bling into the 3 gig plus download, the majority of which is of no use to man or his dog in my not so humble opinion. :meh:

They did get rid of Groove apparently which I will miss like another hole in the head.

We have got new smileys, emoticons, emojis or what ever the faeces book /twitterers use nowadays.

Some Paint add on you can use in M$ Orrifice.

Excuse me I have to now go and vomit...

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
I've had 1709 running for a while now and didn't experience anything you noted Bear.

Granted, mine just updates when I tell it to as part of the Fast Ring in the Insider Program

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
How to Use Emojis in Windows 10

It’s easy to begin using emojis in Windows 10. Firstly, we need to enable the touch keyboard. To do so, right click your taskbar and select Show touch keyboard button (if it isn’t already ticked). This will place a new keyboard icon within your taskbar’s notification area.

Click this new icon and a keyboard will appear on your screen. Note that, confusingly, this is actually different to the on-screen keyboard which can be enabled within Settings. On this keyboard, next to space and Ctrl, you’ll see a smiling face. Click this to access the emoji selection.
❤‍‍‍✌

Just a few of the little sods as thy do not stay still.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I've had 1709 running for a while now and didn't experience anything you noted Bear.

Granted, mine just updates when I tell it to as part of the Fast Ring in the Insider Program
It downloaded during the night, it was waiting for me to give it permission to install which took about 85 minutes for the install.

I do not like unnecessary bling that I do not need, I want to be the decider what gets installed, not some tosser at Microsoft.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I see they give us a new "toolbar" called People, one thing about it you can turn it off but not get rid of it yet.

Edit: This must be for whatever M$'s email program is called. I have just run across something that I must be logged in to a my account somewhere to view what ever it was in Updates.

Last edited: