• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3206632

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Well it appears they finally adjusted the input setting so that when we opt to turn it off our choice actually sticks, whereas before it would revert to on after a reboot.

I get really annoyed with that "ENG" wasting space in my taskbar for no good reason.

I get even more annoyed when they provide me with a setting to change that behavior, but then override my choice on reboot. Azzhats they be!

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
On my Windows 10 Pro I don't have an issue with that ENG thingy anymore. If I go into "settings>personalization>tasbar>turn system icons on or off" and set "input indicator" to off, it now stays off and out of my taskbar which is all I wanted.
It sort of defeated the purpose of having that setting when it automatically reverted to "on" after every reboot. It no longer does that so the setting now performs as it should have from the start, and I'm content.

I simply didn't like losing the space to something I never ever use. Now if the twits would just put the notification icon back to where it was on the left side of the clock I'd be beside myself with joy.

The clock and only the clock belongs at the bottom far right. End of story!

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The only problem is that its a pretty large file - 948 MB. The reasons that you might be getting these problems is due to the slow internet. Have you checked your internet speed? And if this is not the problem, may be you are low on disk space?
I have fast speeds, and I have plenty of disk space.

Any more inane suggestions.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I see the new "Creators" update is about 3.5 gig to download, I just hope that it does not bork the way I have Win 10 setup.

I see a lot mentioned of Edge, Cortina, and Groove and improvements to the Windows shop. I got rid of all that cräp shortly after getting the HP, and I do not want to have to do it all again.

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Cortina wanted me set up an account with a lot of personal sh!t in it, I prefer to use OK Google.
Same here I love using OK Google, and it's easy to maintain a bit of privacy, by deleting the search right after you use it.

Cortana drove me nuts the short time I experimented with it, more than anything because I think she's half deaf, making me repeat what I say multiple times. No such issue with OK Google.

I nuked Cortana!