• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Windows 10 Indexing

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
I have about 2 Terabytes worth of files that I want to index in a Library in Windows 10, however problem number one presents itself: Windows does not inherently support network shares as members of Libraries.

The reason behind this is I also want to convert them from mkv to mp4 so they can be played without being transcoded on my various devices.

I am using a script to convert them, which I've used in the past:

Code:
@echo off

echo "Ready to begin?"
pause > nul

for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "converted\%%~na.mp4"
echo "Finished switching containers for mkv's!"

for %%a in ("*.avi") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 20 -c:a libvo_aacenc -b:a 128k "converted\%%~na.mp4"
echo "Finished converting avi's!"
pause
Anyone with batch scripting knowledge better than mine know a way I can edit the script to delete the pre-conversion copy and place the mp4 into the same folder? Ideally it would be run from the root of M:\. Doing so now, the script fails because of the presence of subfolders. I really don't want to have to move that much data twice.

The folder structure is M:\Movie Name\MovieTitle.mkv