• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Information Windows 10 Preview

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Click on it and it shoot you of to Microsoft, where you will be able to reserve your copy of Win 7 Service Pack 2 just joking it's Windows 10 when it becomes available to download... :D
If I click on it to reserve the copy, will there be a cost for W10?

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I understand it will be free, even for pirated copies of 7 & 8. The trouble is of course it will fail activation on a pirate update. A recent magazine states Microsoft have said they will offer windows 10 for cases where it won't activate at a reduced cost. To me this seems to be an incentive for people to pirate a win 7 or 8 copy to qualify for a cheaper copy of win 10 where they otherwise would not have qualified at all before?

Updates to 10 are said to be free for win 7 & 8 users for one year from the release of 10, and I for one will not be in any rush to be a Microsoft Kamikaze test pilot. Let the dust settle, and I also can't see the reason for a bloody icon to remind me, which is Microsoft Spam.

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The Win10 Notification area Icon has vanished. Now, when you run the Windows Update program, the first thing you see is a button to reserve the Win10 upgrade.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
If you don't want the Microsoft spam, remove KB3035583 from your installed updates, and then when you see it in the list of new update downloads, HIDE IT. See some people are saying Microsoft have tagged KB3035583 as an "important" update.:poo:

Twitch6000

Person Of All Kinds
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Ughhh as this thing gets closer..I am starting to regret going to work.. We are gonna have so many clients bringing in their computers for this :(.