• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Windows continues to fail with update

christopher hawley

iHF Newbie
My computer continues to try to complete this particular update and continues to fail to do so. This has been going on for months now. I have posted the message I receive in hope of help. Thanks

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4033637)
Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Failed to install

Claw

Christopher, if you check Microsoft support you will see many, many users have you problem. The update is a patch that the Microsoft catalog doesn't even have listed. Make sure you updates are set to automatically install, then just leave it be, and it should correct itself. I say this because it has done so on 2 computers that I know already. Go to your taskbar settings, click Home, then System, then at the bottom of the list click About and see if you are running version 1703.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Go to your taskbar settings, click Home, then System, then at the bottom of the list click About and see if you are running version 1703.
That's a good point @Claw, I had several messed up update pre the Creators 1703 upgrade.

Since then all of the recent updates for 1703 have installed ok, although I cannot see the one @christopher hawley mentions KB4033637 anywhere.

Window update says I am fully up to date, till the next patch Wednesday.