• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Wireless Microsoft Mouse

widebody

I have to click on everything 3 or 4 times to get anything to open. I replaced the batteries, I reset the desktop receiver & the mouse but nothing helps. HELP PLEASE...Thanks

AndroidOS

The sarcastic one
iHF Regular
Hi widebody,

How old is the mouse? Also, have you tried using it on a different computer? This Will let us know if the problem is with the mouse or the computer.

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Also, have you added any new wireless devices or florescent lights in the area around the computer? Could something be interfering with the signal?

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Greetings Widebody,

A couple of things come to mind. First you may need to resynchronize your mouse/keyboard per the instructions below,
To resynchronize the mouse or the keyboard with the receiver, follow these steps.
Note When you synchronize the mouse or the keyboard with the receiver, put the device near the receiver and put any other wireless keyboards and mouse at least 6 feet away.
  1. Press the button on the receiver, and then verify that the light on the receiver starts to blink.

Note Some newer Microsoft devices are permanently bound to their receiver and cannot be reset. If your device does not have a button, skip to Method 2.
  2. If a dialog box appears on the screen in several seconds, follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Otherwise, go to the next step.
  3. Press and release the Connect Channel button on the bottom of the mouse or the keyboard.
  4. Check the green light on the receiver. A steady green light means the synchronization was successful. If the problem persists, try steps 1 through 4 again.
  5. For the Wireless Notebook mouse: This issue can occur if the micro-switch on the bottom of the mouse is not released. Use a pin or a pen to try to release the button if it is depressed.
The other thing has been suggested by DCiAdmin. The tips below may help in case of interference.
Items such as wireless routers, radios, cell phones, desktop fans, fluorescent lights, and large metal objects like computer cases and metal furniture may interfere with the signal of the keyboard. Try to keep such items away from the keyboard, and check the behavior of the keyboard.
Do not put the mouse or the receiver near any electrical devices, especially transmitters such as cordless or cellular telephones or other wireless mouse devices or receivers. A distance of at least 8 to 12 inches is recommended. Do not put the mouse or the receiver on metallic surfaces or objects, especially long metallic rails or cables. We recommend that you keep the mouse and the keyboard a minimum of 3 feet from metallic objects.
Another thought is that the micro switches in the mouse may be failing. We use the left mouse button most often so it wears out first. If you can click the right mouse button and it responds properly than you have an indication that your mouse is failing. One final thought is to make sure the receiver is firmly plugged in. You may also consider plugging the receiver into another port to see if the problem persists.

I hope some of this helps. :)

JoninOz

iHF Regular
I may be too late, but for what it is worth widebody, is the cursor positioned correctly over 'that which needs to be opened'.